Negligence resulting in an injury caused by a professional medical practitioner’s failure to conform to accepted medical standards. Examples of medical malpractice include:
- Mistakes made during childbirth
- Misdiagnosis/failure to diagnose a disease or condition such as cancer
- Failure to properly treat a serious illness or medical condition
- Failure to prescribe the correct medication or correct dosage
- Failure to review test results correctly
Victims of medical malpractice are entitled to compensation for their losses including pain and suffering, payment of medical bills for past and future treatment, and loss of earnings and earning capacity.